Sunday 5 March 2017

Review: Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (Miss Peregrine’s Peculiar Children, #1)
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I kind of went into this book not knowing what to expect, I knew it was going to be creepy and vintage just by looking at the cover.


The first half of the book was definitely creepy, the photos had an American Horror Story vibe to them. I had no idea which direction the book was going until about 2/3rds in, I expected the book to be kind of a discover-the-secrets-of-the-past sort of story. And it was just that...
I'm not sure if I liked the more action oriented pace of the last third of the book, but the plot was still enjoyable. I did feel like the story was kind of wandering around the middle, so I did lose a bit of interest. I hope the next book in the series is just as creepy.

All in all, it was a good book, and I enjoyed it, I especially liked Bronwyn (if I'm spelling her name right) I feel like she was probably the most useful character in all the last action bits.

View all my reviews on Goodreads

No comments :

Post a Comment